Thursday, October 23, 2008

I have to make this a priority!

I can get busy doing so many things that I forget to update my blog. And the reason for doing one is to keep people posted as to what is happening with me.

Well, I have two women that I am helping to learn English. On woman is my age and wants to go to Israel to work in a guest house. She has moderately good English, but know that she needs to get better, since she will be working with many English speaking people. She is such a delight to work with. This morning she forgot her book that she is studying, so we read our of the Bible - or I should say she read. Then we discussed the words she didn't understand. It was so good and rewarding. Not only to study English but to get some added Bible reading in also. Then she asked me to read and she would listen and see if she understood what was being read. She had more of an issue understanding. So we went through more words for understanding. Then she handed me the same translation that we had read, only in German, and asked me to read it to her. Well, I read the whole 37th chapter of Psalms in German. Yes...she had to correct my pronunciation many times, but I was amazed at how much I could read with out her help. She was very encouraging to me about my German. Oh...it is so hard. I wish I could have met her a few years ago, I think we could have been very good friends.

The other woman is a student at our Bible school. She had English in school, but that has been many years ago, and she has forgotten much of her English. She was doing better by the time our lesson time was up yesterday afternoon. She has to search for words (Oh I understand that) but she was communicating so that I understood all that she was saying. So, I think it will be fun working with both of these women. They both come to my home, so that helps me also.

Last weekend I spent my time doing a Scrapbook Crop. It was fun for me, since my dear husband got all of the meals for the weekend. And I had some wonderful meals. (At least I cleaned up after he fixed the meals - which is sometimes a pretty big task. heehee. ) I have so many pictures that I don't know if I will ever get caught up on the scrapping. But I am getting many layout done of our cruise during the summer. You can see some of my layouts on my creative blog. It... margueritescreativity.blogspot.com

Tomorrow we leave for a weekend of ministry. Richard will do a mens seminar on Sat. morning and I will do one on Sat. afternoon for the women. Then on Sunday morning Richard will preach for the Sunday service and we will also have the privilege of doing a baby dedication. The pastor and his wife have a 5 month old girl - after having 3 sons, and another couple are dedicating a little boy. These are always such fun time for us. The pastor and his wife are from South America - but of German decent. They were students of the Bible school for two years before he started to pastor the church. So its a joy to be able to go visit them.

Well, as many of you know, our oldest grandson got married in August. So, I want to share a layout about them. Its their first dance as husband and wife. The pictures were so cute that I wanted to share them with all of you. Thanks for stopping by. Please come back.




5 comments:

Marti said...

You are living a great adventure! How wonderful that you can help others learn the English language. I took German in high school for 3 years - don't remember too much of it though! LOL

hope you have a great weekend!

Kimmie said...

you rock Marguerite!

Stacey said...

It's so wonderful that you are helping these two ladies improve their English.

Tereza Crump said...

such a sweet blog! I will be back! :)

Dettao said...

How exciting that you have a blog. I will check back often!